Thursday, August 4, 2011

Stretch Thy Dollar: Luxury Brews

During a visit to the illustrious Red Lentil today, after ordering a Berry Rooibos tea (pure magik), it occurred to me that while I'll continue to support my current favorite vegan eatery I will need to keep the beverage fund tightly leashed for awhile. Whole Paycheck has a decent selection of teas, as do online purveyors, that I can make at home (added vanilla extract and all) for a much smaller pricetag. The same is true for the cheerful frothy charms of the ubiquitous smoothie.

I can, for the price of a banana and a cup of pineapples, blend a small bit of liquid heaven in my humble green kitchen and err on the side of caution in such treacherously tight-fisted times where prices grow bold and sometimes cruel to keep merchant heads above water.

If you're paying heed to this particular lightbulb, what homespun creations are satiating the spendlust within?

No comments:

Post a Comment